Tuesday, September 28, 2010

And... Tapering

After a wicked build cycle winds down, including a PR pace on a 22 mile run that knocked :30/mile off my long run pace, and an all time high on power output on the bike and PRing time/distance and pace on that power... I'm tapering.

I hate tapering. Just like they say, I feel sick, tired, and frustrated. No sense of accomplishment without a 6-7 hour workout on Saturday and Sunday. Feels like I'm instantly falling out of shape.

Today I got a good but short workout in on the bike 2x10 intervals at crazy power I've never held on the bike before. That was crazy HARD! so much for "tapering" !

I am starting to feel very READY for the Montauk MightyMan 70.3 --as coach Joe puts it... it's just another workout now. Far less of a workout than my average weekend workout.

Pretty cool... Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment